Pink khadi silk from the Nabadwip boys




There are so many pending #100SareePact postings, but I had to do this today for the madness about getting myself clicked was taken to a new level - at a conference hall by Rachita Prasad ... the only happy thing in the whole place/day she said.

I felt good too wearing this pink what the seller (Nabadwip boy at Kolkata Handloom Saree in Nerul) called a Khadi silk handloom from Bengal. I am not sure what kind of a silk it is, I am sure for the price one bought this even a cotton is not possible. But not going to research on the fabric, for it falls well, definitely a handloom, comfortable to wear and I am sure looks good :) 

Yet again at the conference I was asked if was a delegate or speaker! For a reporter is not expected to be in a saree? Nice way to celebrate - Varalakshmi pandikai, Onam, Hayagreeva Jayanti so many important things on the same day. Not enough time to make too many goodies, so had adai, avial made before rushing for the day long conference, and Hayagreeva Stotram and Sree Stuti on the way with an ipod to aid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andal's Kili

Dhonekali or Didi sarees