This saree number 11 of #100sareepact . It may not look like any  speical saree, and also a little too bright a fanta colour for me. Very common once upon a time, but these days I see only old fisherwomen here in these sarees.  But, bought this for  sheer nostalgia of the days our mothers used to wear Khatau voils, famous and pemium stuff in their days. A quiet afternoon as we strolled around Fountain Anuradha Subramanyan and I saw the Khatau board and walked in surprised the showroom is still around. Front of the shop is now a souvenir shop and at the back is the old Khatau shop with few sarees and dress materials. We looked for their famous voils, didn't find any, but a 100% mercerised cotton this one, and Anu's full voil saree. I had asked them to get me also a fulll voil, they promised to get it from their storage, but the next I was there checked if they had procured it, but they had not. Though I have been going to fort regularly haven't been enthusiastic to go and find out if they have got any of their voils back. Amma had a khatau voil saree, and I wore them repeatedly during my college days, that was one of my great favorites then. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dhonekali or Didi sarees

Andal's Kili

Pochampally, the weave that comes from a great land