MLV Pink




Before You Tube one only heard M.L.V. and did not see her. Though from a very young age I have listened to her records, AIR concerts, not been lucky to see her. My family was crazy about her and her guru GNB. One never gets tired of her dance songs, sung as film playback. None can match her in that ....the beauty of her voice, the softness of the tone, the unexpected sangatis. Only once I listened to her live and that I am sure was not her memorable concert, just two years before she passed away. One of the first cassettes I bought was her Purandaradasa Kritis from Higginbothams, recollect that distinctly. 'Rama Rama Rama Rama Enniro' in Vasanta from that album was my ringtone in the E61 Nokia. When I started watching her videos on You Tube realized how strikingly beautiful pinks she wore. Once even posted on Facebook as to how I want saree makers should create MLV pink like they do MS blue. Being a gnanasoonyam, I can't even take her name here....but couldn't help remembering her when I wore this colour #100SareePact Sambalpuri Silk to Sanjay Subrahmanyan's concert yesterday. Like how the saying goes, daane daane mein likha hai kaanewale ka naam, it was true for this saree as well. Saw this saree once at my favourite shopping haunt in Navi Mumbai, the Sambalpuri Bastralaya but decided one needs no more sarees and this won't we bought. Is this such a bad looking saree? For it was still lying on the shelves many months later, and perhaps it was made for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dhonekali or Didi sarees

Andal's Kili

Pochampally, the weave that comes from a great land